When you use and interact with our website we may collect personal information about you. We have written this statement to give you the following details:
- Information about us
- What personal information we collect about you
- How we collect your personal information
- How we use your personal information
- Who we may share your personal information with
- Any transfer of personal information outside of the EEA
- How long we keep your personal information
- What we do to protect your personal information
- What choices you have in relation to your personal information
Who are we?
This website is owned and operated by OurPeople Ltd. We are a company registered in England and Wales under the company number 08534001 and our registered address is North Quay House, North Quay, Plymouth, England, PL4 0RA.
We can be contacted in writing at our office in Exeter. The address is 45 Queen Street, Exeter, EX4 3SR or by email at hello [at] ourpeople [dot]com. Our Data Protection Officer is Tracey Greening who can be contacted at the above address or email hello [at] ourpeople [dot]com.
We last updated this Privacy Statement on 29th January 2018.
Personal Information we collect about you
What information we collect about you
- your name and address
- your contact details including email address and telephone number
- the organisation who employs you and your role within that organisation
- your payment details (including credit cards and account numbers)
It is not our intention to collect sensitive personal information via our website or as part of promoting and selling our Software and App.
Personal Information you give us
We may collect personal information about you when you:
- Fill in our “Contact Us” form
- Sign up for a demo of our Software and App
- Sign up for an account in order to use our Software and App
- Submit a “request” to us
- Contact us via email or by telephone for any reason
- Purchase a licence from us to use our Software and App
- Information that you have posted to your online profile via social media and other online engagement (e.g. LinkedIn but only where you have agreed by connecting or otherwise consenting to us collecting such personal information)
Personal Information we collect automatically
When you visit our website or use our services, we may collect certain information automatically such as:
- IP addresses (the name your computer uses to identify itself to us)
- how you found our website
- dates and times that you visited our website
- which pages you visited
- what products and services interest you
- other websites you may have visited
Personal Information we collect from other organisations
We work with a number of other organisations such as payment processing companies, credit reference agencies, internet search engines, marketing organisations and cookie providers who may provide us with information about you.
How we use your Personal Information
Our legal basis for using your information
The law only allows us to use your personal information in certain limited circumstances. We will mostly commonly process your personal information:
- Where we need to perform the contract we have entered into with you.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation (e.g. keeping records for tax purposes)
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests (one of our legitimate interests would be to send you marketing, provided that you haven’t told us not to)
- Where you have consented to us using your personal information
What this means in practice
Any personal information that you give to us may be used in the following ways:
- to provide you with information on our software or app that you have specifically requested
- to fulfil any contracts you have entered into with us
- process your payment for our software or app
- to send out our other marketing information (but only where you have agreed)
- to help us to analyse and tailor our software and app to the needs and interests of your organisation
- comply with our legal obligations or as otherwise required by law or regulation
- to prevent and detect fraud
- to tell you about changes to our website, software or app
- to help us develop our website to make it better for all users
- to get your feedback on our website
- to administer our website (such as troubleshooting, data analysis, research)
- to keep our website safe and secure
We may provide you with information about our software and app, other services, special offers, and other news where we feel these may interest you. We may use your information for market research so that we tailor our offers to your likes and needs. We will only send you information that directly relates to us and our software and app.
Depending on what contact information you have given to us, we may contact you by email or post. We will only do this where you have consented to receiving such information from us.
You can opt out of such marketing at any time and If you wish to do so, please email us at hello [at] ourpeople [dot] com.
Social Media and Online Engagement
We occasionally use a variety of new technologies and social media options to communicate and interact with customer, potential customers, employees and potential employees. These sites and applications include popular social networking and media sites, open source software communities and more (e.g. Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn). Third-Party Websites that are not exclusively operated or controlled by OurPeople. When interacting with us on such websites, you may reveal certain personal information to us or to third parties. Unless you consent otherwise we will only use such information to respond to a specific message or request from you.
Sharing your Personal Information
Our Business Partners
We may share your information with carefully selected third parties including:
- Our business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you
- Our website providers who need to see your information in order to keep our website up and running
- Analytics and search engine providers who analyse information about your use of our website and help us to tailor the product and offers that we offer to you and other users
We work with the following organisations:
- Amazon AWS – provides the server infrastructure
- Calendly – for booking Webinar
- Firebase – provides push notification and realtime database
- Google Analytics – website and App analytics tracking
- Google for Business – business tools
- HelloSign – analytics tracking
- Mail Chimp – analytics tracking
- OurPeople Ltd – the authors of the App
- Join.me – for webinars
- Papertrail – data logging
- Pubnub – realtime data transfer
- Twillo – providing SMS tokens
- Zendesk – help desk software
You can opt-out to the creation of a user profile, Hotjar’s storing of data about your usage of our site and Hotjar’s use of tracking cookies on other websites by following this opt-out link.
Legal Requirements and Law Enforcement
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we sell our business in which case the personal information that we hold will be part of the transferred assets.
Third Party Privacy Policies
Keeping your Personal Information
How we store your personal information
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission (except email see below) and once we receive it.
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard personal information. We use encryption technology where appropriate to enhance privacy and help prevent information security breaches. OurPeople also employs industry-standard measures and processes for detecting and responding to inappropriate attempts to breach our systems.
Any personal information that we provide to you will be held within the EEA.
We require all our suppliers to sign contract requiring them to have appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures in place to ensure that your information is protected against loss or misuse. We work closely with our suppliers to make sure that this requirement is met.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or on secure servers operated by a third party. Information on our third-party providers can be found above.
Retention of information
We only hold your personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes for which we collected your information.
We have a company retention policy which laids down timescales for the retention of information. The document retention policy can be found here.
We have set these timescales in accordance with any applicable legislation and where none exists then we will keep your information for the duration of any contract that you have entered into with us and then for a period of 7 years after which time it will be deleted.
Where you have requested marketing information from us, then we will only keep this information for a maximum of up to 2 years. If you do not contact us further during this period, then your information will be deleted.
If you chose to send us information via email, we cannot guarantee the security of this information until it is delivered to us.
Access to information
You have the right to access information that we hold about you. If you wish to receive a copy of the information that we hold please contact at hello [at] ourpeople [dot] com or write to us at the address above.
Changing or deleting your information
You can ask us at any time to change, amend or delete the information that we hold about you or ask us not to contact you with any further marketing information. You can also ask us to restrict the information that we process about you.
Right to prevent Automated decision making
You have a right to ask us to stop any automated decision making. We do not intentionally carry out such activities, but if you do have any questions or concerns we would be happy to discuss them with you and you can contact us at hello [at] ourpeople [dot] com.
Transferring Personal Information
You have the right to request that your personal data is transferred by us to another organisation (this is called “data portability”). Please contact us at [insert email address] with the details of what you would like us to do and we will try our best to comply with your request. If may not be technically feasible, but we will work with you to try and find a solution.
If you have been through the internal complaints procedure and are still not happy with the result, then you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. They can be contacted as follows:
Address: Information Commissioners Office
Changes to our Privacy Statement
We review our Privacy Statement on a frequent basis to check that it accurately reflects how we deal with your information and may amend it if necessary. You should check this page regularly to see the most up to date information.
How to Contact us
We welcome questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Statement which can be sent to hello [at] ourpeople [dot] com.